Jay Feely played 14 years in the NFL as a kicker for various teams, most notably with the Atlanta Falcons (2001-04) and Arizona Cardinals (2010-13). Jay now serves as a game analyst for NFL on CBS games for the 2021 NFL season.
Throughout his career, Jay had an 82.7 field goal percentage and was the NFL field goals made leader in 2002. Following a record-breaking season with the Giants, Feely was selected to the Pro Bowl in 2005.
Today on the show, Jay and Eric relive their playing days and swap notes when it comes to broadcasting. Topics include:
- (1:31-5:20) – Being the Dad of a college kicker
- (5:20-9:30) – Special teams knowledge, who’s the toughest kicker in the NFL
- (9:30-12:40) – Growing up in Tampa, Florida, playing golf
- (12:40-19:05) – Being teammates with Tom Brady at Michigan
- (19:05-29:00) – Dealing with failure
- (29:00-34:00) – Mental training it takes to be a kicker
- (34:00-39:00) – Jay’s transition out of the NFL, his start in broadcasting
- (39:00-49:30) – Broadcast schedule for 2021, Ryan Fitzpatrick stories
- (49:30-54:00) – Prediction for the 2021 Buffalo Bills, takeaways from Sean McDermott
And much more. Rate review and subscribe to the show today!
For more information about our sponsors today:
To get 20% off your order, use the code: EricWood20