Super Bowl champion and six-time Pro Bowl center Jeff Saturday joins the show today. Jeff is currently a sports analysis for ESPN after his NFL career spanned 13 years with the Indianapolis Colts (1999-2011) and one year with the Green Bay Packers (2012).
Over a decade-long period with the Colts, Saturday anchored an offensive line that allowed the fewest sacks in the league (242), and his 132 career wins as a Colt are second only to Peyton Manning (141) in franchise history. Together, Saturday and Manning started an NFL record 172 games as a center-quarterback duo.
Today on the show, Eric and Jeff discuss the unique way his football career started. Other topics include:
- (2:35-6:00) – Growing up in Georgia, how baseball helped his football career
- (6:00-13:00) – Center preferences, how Jeff got his shot with the Colts
- (13:00-16:00) – Advice to rookies and their transition into the NFL
- (16:00-22:05) – What gave Jeff his edge on Sundays, is guard harder to play than center?
- (22:05-28:50) – Jeff’s relationship with Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers
- (28:50-32:00) – Jeff’s transition out of the NFL
- (32:00-41:10) – Working at ESPN
And much more. Rate, review and subscribe to the show today!
For more information about our sponsors today:
To get 20% off your order, use the code: EricWood20