David Mulugheta is an American football agent at Athletes First in Laguna Hills, California. He currently represents 42 NFL players and has cemented himself as the world’s No.1 NFL agent.
A former intern, Mulugheta rose through the ranks of Athletes First to become the agency’s President of Team Sports, while negotiating some of football’s biggest free-agent deals. Included among them are Deshaun Watson’s four-year, $156 million deal with the Houston Texans and Jalen Ramsey’s five-year, $100 million deal with the LA Rams.
Today on the show, Eric and David discuss the his rise to fame and the hard work it took to get there. Topics include:
- (2:20-6:00) – Growing up in Dallas, Texas, David’s career path to becoming an agent
- (6:00-9:45) – Network vs Net worth
- (9:45-14:10) – Process of recruiting an athlete to be their agent
- (14:10-20:20) – Advice to rookies in the NFL
- (20:20-25:00) – Advice to players at the NFL combine
And much more. Rate, review and subscribe to the show today!
For more information about our sponsors today:
To get 20% off your order, use the code: EricWood20