Sherman Smith is a former NFL player and coach that holds a powerful story. Drafted in the 2nd round of the 1976 NFL Draft by the Seattle Seahawks, Sherman would play eight seasons in the league before starting a coaching career that spanned over 30+ years.
During that time , Sherman won Super Bowls and created close bonds with the players he mentored, including his son Deland McCullough.
Today on the show, Eric and Sherman discuss the mysterious ways God can impact your life, what separates elite NFL players from the rest and other lessons in humility and leadership. Topics include:
- (2:40-5:30) – Being drafted by the Seahawks, Sherman’s transition from QB to WR to RB.
- (5:30-14:00) – Advice to rookies for a successful NFL career. What separates elite NFL players from the rest. Stories of Marshawn Lynch and Eddie George.
- (14:00-18:50) – Why Sherman got into coaching. Attending the ‘Cradle of Coaching’ Miami (OH).
- (18:50-21:40) – Sherman’s mindset while coaching. Impacting lives.
- (21:40-29:00) – The story of Sherman Smith and his son Deland McCullough.
- (29:00-39:30) – How Sherman was introduced to Christianity. How his faith impacts him today.
And much more. Rate, review and subscribe to the show today!
Link to Sherman’s E60 story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WrNmnOgKd8
Preorder Eric’s new book “Tackle What’s Next” today: https://ericwoodmedia.com/book/