Chris Long is a retired eleven year NFL veteran who won two Super Bowls, SBLI with the New England Patriots and SB LII with the Philadelphia Eagles. Chris was awarded the 2018 Walter Payton Man of the Year Award for his charity endeavors and social justice work. He attended the University of Virginia from 2004-2007, playing for the football team and achieving All-American status his senior season. He was selected second overall in the 2008 NFL Draft by the St. Louis Rams and went on to play eight seasons in St. Louis and then one season for the New England Patriots (2016) and two seasons for the Philadelphia Eagles (2017-18).
After his football career concluded, Chris Long started the ‘Green Light with Chris Long’ podcast to bring unique and direct commentary with regards to the NFL and football in general, discuss music, news and pop culture, interview athletes, artists and celebrities and talk some sports gambling.
Today on the show, Chris and Eric give advice to players entering the NFL today, how they dealt with the pressure of expectations and much more. Other topics include:
- (2:20-8:00) – Early thoughts on life after retirement and Bills’ QB Josh Allen
- (8:00-16:00) – Chris’ journey to the NFL. Dealing with pressure
- (16:00-25:00) – Advice to rookies in the NFL: consistency is king
- (25:00-34:10) – Playing with Tom Brady. Defining the ‘Patriot Way’
- (34:10-43:30) – Advice as players transition out of the NFL
- (43:30-47:00) – Chris’ podcast and his dream guest
And much more. Rate. review and subscribe to the show today!
Preorder Eric’s new book “Tackle What’s Next” today: https://ericwoodmedia.com/book/