Mike Pouncey is a former center who played ten seasons in the National Football League. Mike played college football for the University of Florida, was a member of a BCS National Championship team, and earned All-American honors. Mike was drafted by the Miami dolphins in the first round of the 2011 NFL Draft, and played the final three seasons of his career with the Los Angeles Chargers.
Today on the show, Mike and Eric discuss their positive mindset towards the game of football, Mike’s time with the Florida Gators and how elite NFL players separate themselves from the competition. Other topics include:
- (3:00 – 5:40) – Growing up in Lakeland, Florida. Football 24/7
- (5:40-8:30) – Competitive relationship with twin brother Maurkice Pouncey
- (8:30-13:10) – Greatness is Calling. Advice to your younger self
- (13:10-17:20) – Characteristics of elite NFL players. Early days of retirement
- (17:20-21:00) – Financial advice. Building wealth
- (21:00-24:40) – Mike’s time with the Florida Gators. Urban Meyer
- (24:40-31:00) – Football talk. Would Mike ever get into coaching
- (31:00-35:50) – The 2022 Miami Dolphins outlook
And much more. Rate, review and subscribe to the show today!
Preorder Eric’s new book “Tackle What’s Next” today: https://ericwoodmedia.com/book/